Application for Licensure
Apply for License Online
Application for Licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner can now be filed electronically.
Apply for License by Mail
To apply for a license to practice respiratory care in Arizona, you must complete a License Application Package, that includes:
FormA form provided by the Board that you have completely filled out. The form contains a record and documentation release and your sworn statement verifying the truthfulness of all the information you provide. A copy of this form is available from the FORMS page on this web site.
Please note the following:You may download an application for licensure form to file at this office in paper format. Once you have completed the application for licensure form and this office receives it, a fingerprint card will be mailed to you for completion and return. The receipt of a properly submitted fingerprint card by the Board (see paragraph below) is one of the requirements you must meet in order for your application to be processed.
Applications will not be considered complete without the following:
- A photocopy of a diploma awarded upon your successful completion of a respiratory therapy training program.
- A document providing proof of citizenship. A list of acceptable documents can be found in the Evidence of Citizenship document.
- If you answer "yes" to any of the background questions on the application form, you MUST provide complete written explanation of your answer(s) and all documents related to your answer(s).
- A full set of fingerprints submitted on a card provided by the Board for a state and federal criminal background check. Please note that the $50 fee for processing your fingerprints must be in the form of a certified check or money order.
- All required fees.
If you are, or have ever been licensed in another state, you must request a verification of license(s), completed, signed and authenticated by seal or notarization by the board of every state in which you held a certification or license, or registration as a Respiratory Care practitioner to be sent directly to the Board in Arizona.
Fees:Fees for License Application packages (under Board Rule R4-45-102)
- Application fee: $100.00
- Initial License Fee: $120.00
- Fingerprint processing fee: $50.00 in the form of a certified check or money order.
*If you received your respiratory therapy training in a
foreign country, the application fee is $200.00
** If you wish to pay the entire fee in one certified check or money order, that is acceptable.
Download Adobe Reader.